Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Production Scheduler, Production Planner, Production Co-ordinator, Production Controller, Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Location: Leicester, Position: Permanent, Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 p.a depending on experience
Production Supervisor wanted – Permanent position available, Leicester
EMBS are working in partnership with a leading, growing engineering company, located in Leicester who are looking to attract a Production Supervisor to join the business on a permanent basis.
The company are a well known specialist in the bespoke manufacture of complex components within the aerospace industry predominantly and they are experiencing some healthy growth at present which has initiated this new opportunity.
The purpose of this position is to provide support and leadership to the shopfloor, distributing work load, prioritising work and managing the planning.
Full training will be given as this is a pivotal role for the companies continued success.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Coordinate production workflow for one of multiple products
- Plan and prioritise operations to ensure maximum performance
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Assign workers and other staff to particular production operations
- Schedule shifts according to production needs
- Day to Day supervision of shopfloor staff
- Communicate with production team to ensure the Work to list is understood
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on-time and within budget
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Develop alternative plans to consider
A successful applicant MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Proven supervisory / management experience within a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Knowledge of working with CNC / manual machinery
- Knowledge of production planning or elements of planning is desirable but not essential
- MRP knowledge is also a bonus but not essential
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Good team player and solid communication skills
In return our client is offering:
- Stability & Longevity – Healthy order books and permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Flexible start and finish times
- 37 hours per week
- Excellent benefits including sick pay, contributory pension scheme, holidays, life insurance and much more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com