Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Production Engineer, Planning Engineer, Process Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Production, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Defence, Oil & Nuclear, Position: Permanent, Location: Nottingham, Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 p.a,
MANUFACTURING / PLANNING ENGINEER WANTED – PERMANENT, NOTTINGHAM
EMBS are in partnership with a leading manufacturing company that specialises in machining / fabricating complex components for a number of lucrative industry markets across the globe, supplying into customers such as Airbus, Rolls Royce, GE etc.
The client is experiencing considerable growth and with heavy investment and backing, they are able to continue to develop and prosper in a very competitive market.
With new orders coming in thick and fast, coupled with existing orders with long standing relationships, our client is seeking a skilled Manufacturing / Planning Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to support the business by continuously striving for engineering excellent and improvements whilst maintaining compliance.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Compliance to customer product requirements and process controls (tooling control, new approvals)
- Develop new solutions to existing manufacturing issues when appropriate
- Ensure manufacturing processes, procedures, engineering specs and workflow are adequate to define manufacturing requirements
- Provide support to the shopfloor to resolve queries or issues in achieving capable processes or supporting process improvements
- Raising concessions for no-conforming product
- Define and create planning amendments for rework operations
- Support new bid activities
- Support NPI
- Support change control an contract review processes
- Support t operations in optimisation, acquiring customer approval, training and capturing process methods of best practice
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong precision engineering background
- Previous experience working within a product manufacturing environment within the aerospace, motorsport, sub-contract machining, engineering markets
- Worked in a similar position previously
- Proficient with ERP systems
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for maximising the efficient manufacture of goods
- Knowledge of of machines, tools, their designs, uses, pair and maintenance
- Ability to understand precision technical plans, engineering drawings and blueprints
- Problem solving capabilities in order to adapt to different situations
- Route Cause Analysis experience
- Knowledge of Process PFMEA
In return the client is offering:
Competitive salary: £40,000 – £45,000 p.a depending on experience
Other benefits include: Contributory pension scheme, Holiday entitlement, Death in service, Modern working environment and much more
If you are interested in the position and believe you meet the above criteria, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org