Quality Inspector, Quality, Inspector, Inspection, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Location: Derby, Position: Contract, Contract Length: On-going, Hourly rate: £17 – £20 per hour.
QUALITY INSPECTORS POSITION AVAILABLE – CONTRACTING IN DERBY
We are actively seeking X2 Quality Inspectors to join a well known, established engineering company based in Derby on a contracting basis.
The client supplies heavily into the aerospace and defence industries manufacturing precision components.
The contract is working on an On-going basis.
To perform detailed inspection of parts and paperwork in line with Customer and/or Industry Specifications, to ensure conforming product is released into the business and to customers.
- Perform inspection activities (using measurement equipment, gauges, CMM, non-contact measurement system etc.) to engineering specifications and standard operating procedures, to ensure product meets customer and industry requirements.
- Perform verification of paperwork as required to ensure customer and company requirements are satisfied.
- Maintain information and status within company data systems to ensure this remains up to date and accurate.
- To support problem investigation by ensuring clear and concise problem definitions are established when issues arise and communicate with supplies (as required) to help resolve technical problems.
- Occasionally conduct inspection of material inter site and or at supplier, customer sites as required, in order to verify material offsite.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued
- Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.
Successful candidates must possess the following skill set;
- Must have previous Quality Inspection experience
- Previous Precision Engineering experience i.e. Aerospace, Motorsport, Automotive, General Engineering
- Ability to use manual measuring equipment i.e. verniers / calipers / micrometers
- Dimensional and digital inspection capabilities
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong attention for detail
Ideally candidates will have worked with digital cameras to visual inspect and scan parts.
Contract length: On-going
Start date: ASAP
Hours per week: 38
Hourly rate: £17 – £20 per hour Ltd
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact James Hall on 01332 387864