Quality Engineer, Quality Technician, Quality, Engineering, Aerospace, Motorsport, Automotive, Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Quality Engineer required – Permanent position with competitive starting salary – Staffordshire
EMBS are currently in partnership with an exciting engineering company who manufacture and design specialist automotive and motorsport components for some of the world’s leading companies.
Due to new structure and a healthy pipeline of future orders the company is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer on a permanent basis.
Commutable from: Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Cannock, Lichfield, Brownhills, Aldridge, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coventry, Leicester, Burton on Trent, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Barton Under Needwood, Walsall and other surrounding areas.
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager your primary objective will be to assure the quality of the company’s product output on a timely basis and achieve continuous improvements in total quality.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To use APQP and PPAP process for new and existing projects, in both internally and externally sourced components as required by customer.
- To work closely with Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing functions to understand customer and product requirements, and thus provide a satisfactory level of measurement and process control support, using Quality Tools to validate new and improved processes, seeking continuous improvement and waste elimination.
- To liaise with Production to ensure product manufactured internally meets engineering specification and resolve quality problems that arise during production using appropriate problem solving methodology.
- To represent Quality department in New Product Introduction meetings.
- To provide support on physical measurement as required, using metrology skills and experience to validate product and processes, including acting as back up in running existing CMM and Talyrond programmes to support Production priorities when Quality Technicians are unavailable.
- In the event that inspection activity identifies a non-conformance, take rapid steps to initiate corrective action and prevent recurrence. Use corrective action format to identify the required actions.
- To assist with Supplier Development activities. Use appropriate techniques and skills to enhance overall supplier performance in line with Company requirements.
- Compile Quality report on findings and track 3rd party inspection costs, which can be either at customer or internally.
- To track, log and deal with customer returns up to final resolution.
- To prepare and maintain supporting documentation for external and internal quality audits.
- To carry out internal audits to TS16949 & ISO14001 standards.
- To act as first point of call for internal and external issues or improvements and cascade accordingly.
- To organise and lead internal or external meetings.
- To contribute to continually improve the application of housekeeping principles within the Department, and throughout the factory.
- To ensure the accurate and timely completion of all relevant paperwork.
A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong Quality Engineering experience within a precision manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of such Quality tools: PPAP, APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC etc.
- Problem solving techniques / root cause analysis including 8D or similar
- Ability to flowchart processes conduct PFMEA’s and control plans
- Computer literate – comfortable using ERP software and MS Office on a daily basis
- Experience with CMM’s is desirable
- Previous experience within a precision machining and/or a manual assembly environment is advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of casting and foundry processes would if preferable
This role will suit an energetic, hard-working individual who is proactive, hands on and able to work well in a team environment.
The client is offering in return:
- Competitive starting salary
- Early finishes on Friday
- 23 days holiday + 8 Stat•Contributory pension
- Christmas Shut down
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Corporate discounted gym rates plus more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com